Sign up for Organizing Updates, Join Our Campaign Today!
Support Franklin Bynum for Judge
Franklin Bynum has been a criminal lawyer in Houston for the past nine years, handling cases at trial and on appeal. He is a former Harris County Public Defender, and has never been a prosecutor. He frequently speaks on how to advise immigrants in criminal court.
He is a third-generation Texas Democrat 🐴 and a member of the 🌹Democratic Socialists of America.
Franklin has worked in the Harris County Criminal Courts at Law his entire career and has seen their problems firsthand: mass incarceration of the poor, mass coercion of guilty pleas, massive waste and disorganization.
Today, he is running for judge of Harris County Criminal Court at Law 8 to take community control of our courts.
Plan for Action
- Stop jailing those who can't afford to pay to get out of jail
- End coercive "plea mill" practices
- Support diversion programs to reduce arrests
- End excessive court appearances
- Reorganize court scheduling to provide more oversight of the police
This is a people-powered campaign! Franklin does not accept contributions from lawyers who practice in Court 8. Please join this campaign today with your contribution.